Sunday, January 24, 2016

Van Aert: “Hopefully next week shorter at Van der Poel” – Sporza.be

Van Aert started with the good news: “Because of my victory I can next week Tim Merlier take to the World Cup, I’m happy. I own teammate in Zolder, which I know well, I have. ” The country supplying the winner of the World Cup, may indeed select seven instead of six riders.

Van Aert, however, realized that the difference was big today:” Everyone – I – came a pack deficit Van der Poel Our training camp in Spain is of course still in the legs, but I had hoped I would. Today would be at a good level for the day. “

” It was not as it should be. I apparently needed a little more recovery. That’s a pity. “

His confidence has not been affected, “This track here is not comparable to Zolder, where it is much faster I have not prepared for this tough course but I’ve been saying for a long time that Mathieu is the only top favorite is next weekend, I hope… or less to sit with him and make him hard then there may be a possible “

Teammate Merlier may, at its first World Cup,”.. I want Van Aert help in the beginning. That is my job. After very heavy to have trained in Spain, we are on track. It’ll be okay for next week. We count on the super compensation “

Pauwels’. Happy with role as a change leader at World Cup”

Kevin Pauwels has problems with his back, but it was during the heavy cross not much sign of that.” I still had more pain than hoped. It’s not bad, but it could be better. I suffer down my spine, but the tough course played obviously a role in that. “

What does he want better for Attic” I hope to be as good as my last World Cup and dream of World Cup podium. I’m glad I like change leader must not work for Van Aert. It will be hard to beat Van der Poel “

Nys harbors World Cup ambitions”. I’m not good enough ”

The eyes of Sven Nys excelled for the game. At this true cross course he hoped in his own words on stage, only then he could play on World Cup

But after the race -. where he 13 was more then three minutes – it was fun looking far: “I’m just not good enough. I had expected more. “

” This was a very fair trail and all the men for me were just better. I can reconcile with me. All I have no illusions for next week. I will do my best to help the team. I do not see myself participating for the stage, this I can not straighten up seven days “

How Nys sees as a veteran of many wars, how Van der Poel must be dealt with.” It will not be easy. He is the great favorite and has not lost a month. If he turns out on this trail, next weekend will normally be slightly easier. “

” But a championship is another cross. There is nervousness in watching and being driven differently. Wout should anyway rely on his own strength. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment