Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Liesbeth Spies new mayor of Alphen – AD.nl

Liesbeth Spies new mayor of Alphen – AD.nl

Sarie Katsman
15-10-14 – 00:40
Liesbeth Spies, the new mayor of Alphen aan den Rijn. © anp.

Liesbeth Spies (48) is mayor of Alphen aan den Rijn. The CDA politician, which is installed on December 15, was born and raised in Alphen.



The council has chosen as the first mayor of the merged municipality of Alphen for her because her impressive service ensures that they are a good driver, and: “She is also a man among men,” said President Marjon Verkleij of the confidential committee.

“She’s there, she exudes authority. She is simply the best! ” Spies is currently still acting mayor in the municipality Stichtse Vecht. Before that she was under more interior minister and deputy of South Holland and member of parliament.

Spies is the first female mayor of Alphen; her councilors are all man. Spies: “I hope that they have chosen the best candidate because I am me. That’s what I’m female, is incidental. I feel very happy and lucky that I mayor in my hometown may be. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment